AS OF 12:00PM ON FEB. 22ND, ALL SHOWS ARE STILL SCHEDULED TO PERFORM AT USUAL TIMES!
St. James Academy Performing Arts presents “The Hobbit”
Based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien
Adapted by Edward Mast
Produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois
February 22nd (A-Cast – Crimson Club Night), 23rd (A-Cast), and 24th (B-Cast)
St. James Academy
This one-hour, child-friendly (ages 7 and up) adaptation is based on the wildly popular fantasy novel and set in the magical world of Middle Earth. Bilbo Baggins, an unsuspecting hobbit, joins a dangerous quest with a band of dwarves to a far off mountain to reclaim the kingdom of Erebor (and its vast riches) from the terrible dragon Smaug. This action packed adventure is bursting with goblins, 8-foot tall humans, riddles in the dark with Gollum, and thrilling sword fights!
February 22nd: Most seats are for card carrying Crimson Club members, but there are seats available for the general public. These General Admission seats are free with a donation encouraged.
February 23rd and 24th: Tickets are $10 for high school and up, $1 (or more donation) for anyone younger.
Each of the two acts runs about a half-hour each with a 10-minute intermission in between where concessions will available for a free-will donation. Chair seats available as well as floor seating – bring pillows and blankets and sit down on the level of the actors to feel like you’re a part of the action!
A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales and concessions will go to support the Adoption Services of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas.
2018 – IMPORTANT DATES
- January 8: Actor Audition Sign Up Sheet and Lead Technical Positions Interview Sign Up Sheet posted on Choir Room Door / Physical copies of Show Information Packets available outside of Choir Room
- January 9 (4:00-5:00): Informational Meeting for Actors and Tech
- Not mandatory to participate in the show but highly encouraged
- January 10 (4:00-7:00): Auditions
- January 11 (4:00-6:00): Read through / Lead Technical Position Interviews / Final Tech Crew list announced
- January 12 (6:00-7:30): Cast / Crew / Parent Informational Meeting
- Mandatory for all students, not mandatory for parents but parents strongly encouraged to attend.
- $50 Cast/Crew Fee Due and any other additional fees
- January 16 – February 9 (Weekdays 4:00-6:00): Rehearsals
- February 12 – 21 (Weekdays 4:00-9:30): Tech Rehearsals
- February 22 – 24 (4:00-9:30): Performances
- 8:00 AM Mass required for all Cast and Crew on the mornings of the 22nd and the 23rd
Show Information Packet, Rehearsal and Meetings schedule, Actor Audition Form, Tech Crew Form.