AS OF 12:00PM ON FEB. 22ND, ALL SHOWS ARE STILL SCHEDULED TO PERFORM AT USUAL TIMES!
St. James Academy Performing Arts presents “The Hobbit”
Based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien
Adapted by Edward Mast
Produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois
February 22nd (A-Cast – Crimson Club Night), 23rd (A-Cast), and 24th (B-Cast)
St. James Academy
This one-hour, child-friendly (ages 7 and up) adaptation is based on the wildly popular fantasy novel and set in the magical world of Middle Earth. Bilbo Baggins, an unsuspecting hobbit, joins a dangerous quest with a band of dwarves to a far-off mountain to reclaim the kingdom of Erebor (and its vast riches) from the terrible dragon Smaug. This action-packed adventure is bursting with goblins, 8-foot tall humans, riddles in the dark with Gollum, and thrilling sword fights!
2018 – IMPORTANT DATES
- January 8: Actor Audition Sign Up Sheet and Lead Technical Positions Interview Sign Up Sheet posted on Choir Room Door / Physical copies of Show Information Packets available outside of Choir Room
- January 9 (4:00-5:00): Informational Meeting for Actors and Tech
- Not mandatory to participate in the show but highly encouraged
- January 10 (4:00-7:00): Auditions
- January 11 (4:00-6:00): Read through / Lead Technical Position Interviews / Final Tech Crew list announced
- January 12 (6:00-7:30): Cast / Crew / Parent Informational Meeting
- Mandatory for all students, not mandatory for parents but parents strongly encouraged to attend.
- $50 Cast/Crew Fee Due and any other additional fees
- January 16 – February 9 (Weekdays 4:00-6:00): Rehearsals
- February 12 – 21 (Weekdays 4:00-9:30): Tech Rehearsals
- February 22 – 24 (4:00-9:30): Performances
- 8:00 AM Mass required for all Cast and Crew on the mornings of the 22nd and the 23rd
Show Information Packet, Rehearsal and Meetings schedule, Actor Audition Form, Tech Crew Form.